Become A Patient at MCWC
How do I become a patient?
We are excited that you are thinking about becoming our patient! MCWC is an affirming and judgment free provider and is open to all LGBTQ individuals and their allies. To schedule an appointment for medical services or PrEP at MCWC, please click the button below on this page or call 205.877.8677.
How do I pay?
1. MCWC accepts the following insurance plans: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Tricare, United Healthcare, Viva, and most other major plans. At this time MCWC does not accept Cigna HealthSpring or Medicaid. Please contact MCWC to determine if your insurance provider is accepted.
2. For clients without insurance, services are available on a cash basis.
3. Credit cards are accepted for payments and copays.
4. It is the patients responsibility to inform us at the time of their visit that they are "Self Pay". Failure to inform the front office of this status may result in a higher visit rate that the patient is responsible for paying. Failure to pay may result in delayed prescription refills or our inability to continue scheduling you for future appointments.
What should you bring?
1. A government issued photo I.D.
2. A copy of your Insurance Card (if applicable).
3. Any medication that you have been prescribed.
4. A list of your allergies.
5. Payment (cash or credit/debit card) for your copay if applicable, or for full payment.
6. Always bring your insurance card with you to your appointment. Certain insurance plans require that labs be sent to specific lab companies in order to ensure payment. Failure to present your insurance card or to inform the phlebotomist of these requirements may result in charges to you that you are responsible for paying.
Failure to cancel a scheduled appointment with less than 24 hours notice will result in your account being charged the cost of your co-pay. Self pay patients will automatically be charged $40.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 205.877.8677 or complete the form below.
Hours of operation are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday and Wednesday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Tuesday and Thursday and closed on Friday (closed 12:00-12:30PM for Lunch). Appointments only. A limited number of same day appointments are available to established patients.